Should the government stop producing the penny?

Thursday, December 19, 2013

White Elephant Gift

Now, I am sorry that in this post I am not writing about a new place to go visit.  In this post I am going to get on my soap box of how much "fun" a white elephant gift is.  This last week I attend a local church Christmas party, which at the end had a white elephant gift exchange.  In the gift I prepared I had a lot of good stuff:

  • A random candle (I found in my house)
  • One weird walrus doll (Also found in my house)
  • An orange (found in a box...in my house)
  • Several Hershey kisses (removed from my house and place in the pile of other stuff found in my house)
As you can see, I expect someone to give me a gift better than this.  You might be thinking "Why should they?".  Easily answered, because I said so (jk, no I really did not expect that)  Well I ended up getting a box of princess clothes made for a little girl....  It was a dumb gift!  How on earth am i suppose to use that stuff?!!  I was not happy with my gift!  If anything, I felt like some creep child kidnapper.  So, from this experience, I conclude, that no one should host another white elephant gift exchange party again.

No comments:

Post a Comment